Fred Bear (March 5, 1902 – April 27, 1988) was an American bow hunter, bow manufacturer, author, and television host. He was born in the town of Waynesboro, Pennsylvania. Although he didn't start bow hunting until he was 29 and did not master the skill for many years, he is widely regarded as a pioneer in the bow-hunting community. Bear was a world traveler, film producer, and the founder of Bear Archery, an outdoor company that still exists. You can learn more about Fred Bear at the Bear Archery site.
Here are some words of wisdom from the legendary Fred Bear:
1. “When a hunter is in a treestand with moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God.”
2. “There’s more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.”
3. “Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.”
4. “If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.”
5. “A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.”
6. “Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.”
7. “The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind.”
Contact Dani Anderson at mailto:[email protected] or call 208.322.5902 to schedule your South Africa trophy-hunting trip with Bushmen Safaris and hear some words of wisdom from our legendary hunters.